Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week


So as I said earlier, I am the room mom for my 3rd grader, Hayden. Yesterday my mom and I went to his class and took this picture. I bought a chunky wood frame at Rod Works and had all the kids sign the front of it. I'm gonna frame it and get a stand to put it on for his class. I also had each kid write a letter of their favorite memory with him this year, which I am compiling in to a book. I love the sentimental stuff and I think the teachers do too. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know! I'm sure a lot of you moms have done this a bunch. :)


Hayden's teacher is the best in the school. He really lucked out in getting him this year!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am so copying this idea. I have to go to Meg's class tomorrow and now I have a homerun idea... Well you do, but I am totally doing it! YEAH! I think that the picture thing of your mom would work anyday this week... Thankful Thursday. I did a past post about my mom, Viv and did a mosaic using all sorts of photos... It is easy with flickr and mosaic maker.

Misty said...

He sounds like such a great teacher. Great job!

Mindi said...

wow.....you put us all to shame----holy moly!!!!!! that is adorable. i am soooooo copying, too.

Collette said...

What a great idea, that is so cute! So where is Danielle's blog? Get her to do one so I can keep in touch with her, instead of seeing her once a year!!