Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful....

1. That I get to get my hair done tomorrow. I'm a girl that gets her hair cut and colored every 4 weeks. I just looked at my calendar, and the last time was June 28th! No wonder I'm feeling like crap!

2. For clean clothes. I'm super picky about how my laundry is done, and the detergent and softner I use. I love good smelling, freshly cleaned clothing... what can I say?

3. For the public school bus system. It really would suck if I had to drive my kids to school every morning!

4. For the Olympics! I've been exhausted because I've been staying up so late watching them, but it's addicting. I love to watch the good ole' USA do awesome against the rest of the world!

5. For salmon. We eat it at least once or twice a week. It's so yummy and good for you and the boys love it too.... so that's a bonus!

11 comments:

tammy said...

Greast list! I love the same things you do. Although I take one son to school and the other to the bus stop - BUT it's usually in my jammies! I'm glad to hear that someone else gets their hair colored more often than me. I thought I was high maintenance with getting it done every six weeks. What can we say? We like to look hot.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I wish I lived closer to you! Shawn just went fishing last weekend in Oregon and brought home 2 HUGE salmon fish which they have fileted and are now in the freezer. I would totally bring you some! I'm excited to cook it! Great list today and amen to the buses!

Misty said...

Great list Holly & cute new layout. PS - I wish that Michelle could do my hair too, just this once. I need it done for Saturday and Jen is all booked up. I can't get it done until next week and I am hurtin' for some hair therapy! You should ask her if just this once, she would make an exception for your adorable...okay cool, sister!

Vanessa said...

I'm right there with ya. With short hair, it is every 6 weeks on the nose. Got mine done today and i feel like whole new woman! Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Great list!

Getting your hair done is the best feeling ever! It just changes your mood and your outlook. {How shallow does that sound?} ;)

Mindi said...

hey!! i get my hair done every 4 weeks, i love the smell of clean, fresh laundry ( i am even particular about the brand of fabric softener that i use--always downey, never generic) and i HEART the bus system also.

but you lost me at salmon. bleeeeccchhh!! thank goodness i love you no matter what. we are still soul sistahs

simply kris said...

Holly, icky fishy. But yum on the laundry, love to get my hair done (I'm thinking of going dark next time) happy YOUR kids have the bus (you should hear the whines I get as I push them out the door to hoof it) love the taste of victory for AMeriCa! Thanks for giving me some food for thankful thoughts today!

Linds said...

I LOVE everything on your list too! (not that much salmon though :)

Amy said...

Great list! I am pretty much with you on all fronts except the whole Salmon thing. I am a fish hater... I would like to like it.. just can't! I have missed talking to you... we need to get together now that school is in. We'll meet half way and have lunch... give me a call!

rachel said...

I LOVE salmon... I have a great recipe I should give ya...did you get my email?

jenn said...

Amen, amen, amen! Well to everything except the salmon that is. I'll just insert chicken. :)

I LOVE your new family picture on your blog. It is beautiful!