Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful....



1. That this book is coming out on Saturday!

2. For football. I love everything about football season! I love the games, the food, and the fun with our family! And it's a good thing considering I'm the only girl in this family.
3. For my mom. She is the best for so many reasons, but the one I'd like to mention this week is that she always is willing to help me out no matter what. She knows the boys want a specific brand of shoes for school, so she has traveled all over the place trying to find them for me. And sure enough... she did! A dear friend of mine had her mom pass away a few days ago and I just don't know how I would possibly handle that. I am so close to my mom and I rely on her for so many things. I have to always remember how blessed I am to have the best family ever!
4. For Saturday! We have a fun day at Raging Waters (me reading the above mentioned book) planned for Brady's birthday and a fun night planned for our friend James' birthday. I can't wait to just chill and not worry about "week day" stuff.
5. For my eyesight. Since I was little, I've always had terrible eyesight. I always wore glasses or hard contacts. About 8 years ago I had Lasik surgery done and I could finally see. It was like a miracle to me. Since that time, my eyes have gotten a little worse and my corneas are too thin to redo the surgery. It's fine by me though. I was "legally blind" before... so now I don't take it for granted!

11 comments:

rachel said...

what great things to be thankful for! Happy Thursday :)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Sounds like a great Saturday and my husband swears by lasik too. It was definately life changing for him.

Misty said...

Awesome list, but I don't think you are as thankful for Breaking Dawn, as I am! And yes, mom is the best for finding things that are sometimes hard to find.

Amy said...

I almost got a little emotional when you were talking about your mom and the friend's mom dying. I have a great mom too and so I can understand. Great list! You're such a cutie! Am I a total stalker or what. I promise not to boil the rabbit and weird stuff like that!

Mindi said...

tell that beyotch amy to back off--i was your stalker first!!

eyesight sucks--i got icl a few years ago (my eyes were too bad for lasik) and it's changed my life.

Molly said...

Awesome list - You are so cute to do these. It is nice to remind ourselves of those things we are thankful for. Family is the best. love you.

Suzie said...

your perspective is wise.


love your list!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about your mom -- I've always thought she is such a neat mom and grandma --
Lasik is the best - I've never regretted getting it --especially for waterskiing and mtn biking. Its so nice to be able to ski. And, what?? is there another book coming out??? Just kidding hee hee I can't believe I didn't know. I was just disappointed at the last ending.

Shannon said...

You and your sis are so stinking cute! Great list today!

tammy said...

Yay for Breaking Dawn!

Great list!

{I had to come out of blurking leave a comment for fear of the little ducky}

Jill said...

I love your thankful thursday post. It reminds me to thankful for all the little things in life that make me happy. You are such a cutie!