Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Here we go again....


This weekend was a good one! Friday night we went to see Mama Mia. What a cute show... but just a tip, unless your guy has gay tendencies... don't bring him. Mike slept through the whole thing. We saw the live show in Vegas a few years ago, and the movie didn't disappoint. Meryl Streep is so good! The only part I could have done without is Pierce Brosnin's singing. Not the best I have to say. But for a fun girl's night... go see it!

Saturday night we went to the Police concert. It was a blast! The only problem was that I FORGOT MY CAMERA! How dumb is that? I was so bugged... but I got over it the minute Sting started to sing. He sounds EXACTLY the same as on his CD's! Very good music, great weather and good friends. It doesn't get better than that!

9 comments:

Misty said...

Sweet, you left out all the BAD parts of your night at Mama Mia, but I can't wait to see it. I wish I could have gone to the concert, but it sounds like the people you went to the concert with were a lot of fun. Too bad you didn't make it to the fights, you missed out. :)

margo said...

I love mama mia -- we've seen it twice! I can't wait to see the movie. I love all the music

Amy said...

I just bought the CD so I do my homework and love love love the music! I have got to go to the movie... needless to say I need to check and see if my neighbors can go because my man hates the movies anyways so mama mia would totally push him over the edge! I will try to call you again... sorry I was helping my friend ( i mean making them myself) make some aprons. Crazy!

Mindi said...

havent seen mama mia yet as i'm way too busy bonding with my children who i have had an (pardon my french) ASS FULL of and am ready to get home....

you know how bummed i was that i wasnt there with you at the police--they put on a great concert, yes??

we need to do a few concerts, lady.

Lisa Erskine said...

I can't wait to see Mama Mia...I'm a huge ABBA fan!! My sis said the same thing about Pierce's singing! Oh well! It was fun to see you guys at the Police concert. It was a good one! I need to do more concerts...they're too much fun!

jenn said...

Pierce/James Bond should never sing. Ever. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved it! I plan to blog about it tomorrow! I too have seen the play and didn't get much from it (I'm not much of a broadway lover)but I loved the movie!! I have loved abba since I was a little girl and have their greatest hits in my car. I listen to it all the time!

I love the look of your blog!

Ammie said...

I thought Pierce's singing was hilarious. It fit so well into the cheesy theme of the whole movie. Besides their was a gay man sitting behind me who sang along with every song the entire time and trust me, he sounded much worse.
I agree though, great girls night

Over The Tipsy Top Design said...

We loved the show too-we went as for a girls night it was great. You can get the jars at Walmart or Target they come with lids and in a few different sizes. Thanks for all your great comments.
Love, The Tipsy Girls