Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cool 24th!


Thursday, the 24th was such a fun day for our family. We went to a wakeboard competition with our friends the Wadsworth's and our buddy Augie. The kids have been practicing for a month in order to enter the competition. They all did so good. Wyatt cleared the wake twice and landed a bunch of cool board grabs. The kid is getting some serious air! Hayden won the kid division! He did so good and just "went for it." He got the biggest air we've ever seen him get and he landed a bunch of jumps and board grabs. The Wadsworth girls did awesome too! It was a very hot day, but well worth it! Wyatt and Sadie getting ready to compete.
The big sponsor truck that everyone stood under to get some shade.
Harlee, Sadie, Wyatt and Hayden. Best Buddies!
After Hayden competed, it got a little hairy. Some kid did a jump and somehow hit his head with his board.As you can see by the streaming blood down his back... it didn't turn out well for him. The ambulance came and gave him a head full of stitches. It was really gross!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family used to do ski competitions when we were younger, those were the good times!

I'll take 2 of the cute kid in black behind the hurt kid! Did I just say that?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I bet your boys loved it!

Misty said...

Coolest boys ever! Too bad Wyatt had to compete against kids almost twice his age. He still rocks the house!

Mindi said...

yay for wakeboarding!! i wish my man would get on board--well, not on a board, but just on a boat. i heart it--
your little guys look like california surfer dudes--awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that Hayden won!! What a great time! I wish I could have been there to see it

rachel said...

That looks like so much fun...we need to get a boat and spend our summer on the water next year :)

Devri said...

You guys rock, so fun to do family sports, don't laugh= all of my family growing up did bike racing, yep me, a bike racer....

Amy said...

I love that they are little wakeboard, surfer dudes. How fun !

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are making me jones for our exciting Lake of the Ozarks trip in two weeks! Can't wait.

I think that's great that they compete!

jenn said...

Congratulations Hayden! Way to go. That's awesome! Looks like lots of fun. All of those darn kids are just adorable.