Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend




When the weather sucks over Memorial weekend, what else is there to do but go to movies? Friday night we went to Indiana Jones. We met up with my whole family and took up about 2 rows. Bryan and Brady were with their dad that night so my boys brought friends. My review of the movie is this: DUMB! The story was stupid and the special effects brought me back to 1985... and not in a good way. There were a few cool parts, but for the most part I was bored. Oh well, the boys had a good time and it was fun to hang out with the fam!





On Saturday night Todd & Misty invited us over to their house for the UFC fights. Wyatt and Hayden got to watch Tristan. It was really fun. Tristan is hilarious right now. He was running around our house getting anything he wanted.... Even the phone, which he used to call random people and hang up. Nice.


Sunday night we got together with the Wadsworth's and had homemade hamburgers and french fries... Only 12,000 carbs each, oh but they were good! We watched Transformers that night because I had never seen it. It was so cute. The special effects were awesome and reminded me even more how dumb Indiana Jones was.




Monday night we met up with our friends, The Telaroli's. Our kids are the same age and have become good friends. We saw the new Narnia movie. I didn't think it was gonna be that good, because from what I'd seen it hadn't gotten very good reviews. To my delight, it was soooo good. I think it was better than the first one. Great story and just a cool movie. So all in all, we had a pretty good weekend even though it was a cold one.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mindi said...

i love to go to lots of movies on holiday weekends--unfortunately for me, mia doesn't like that plan so much--we tried to go to narnia when in vegas and she lasted about 25 minutes and i had to take her back to the hotel. i wanted to see it!
your boys are so cute--love seeing photos of them. where are YOU in all the pictures?

Collette said...

You saw more movies in one weekend than I have seen all year..haha, such cute boys and the weather did suck huh?!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention about getting in trouble on Sunday!!! he he. Anyway, I am going to work on my whispering skills. Rick took Troy to Indiana Jones and completely agrees with your thoughts of the movie.

Misty said...

I can't believe you watched so many movies, but I guess I watched just as many, but only one was not in the comfort of my own home and it was Indiana, which I probably should have stayed home for anyway. PS - I updated the stories of Hayden and Tristan on my recent post.

Linds said...

You have the cutest boys ever...I always dream about when my kids are big and we can go to a million movies. I miss my movies. That's so lame I know.

Amy said...

Love the movies...but my husband HATES them! We were total movie goers this weekend so I lucked out. We saw Baby Mama and Ironman...Loved them both. Hopefully summer will follow Memorial Day... it seems like barely spring.

jenn said...

Movies are the best...glad you had a weekend full of them!

Chris said he saw you at Chick-fil-A! How funny. =)