Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter pics

I'm a little late to be posting Easter pictures, but oh well. We have a tradition every year with our good friends to have a big barbecue and a nighttime Easter egg hunt the night before Easter Sunday. The kids have so much fun. They usually get new flashlights and the eggs are hidden everywhere in ours and Cory & Patrece's backyards. Just one of the many great things about living right next door to them. It was a really good time for sure!



All the kids right before they ran out to gather eggs




Hayden checking to see if he got the lucky egg. It was a no go this year. Erik was the lucky one to get the golden egg with a $5 bill inside.



Wyatt got a new (better) phone that day, so of course he's texting everyone he can think of.




I thought I was going to buy myself a little extra sleep time Sunday morning by doing clues to the boys' Easter baskets. I thought I was so clever with my clues and it would take the boys at least a half hour to find them. Wrong! They were done in about 2.2 seconds. Little suckers. Next year I'm gonna make it really hard. The following is what they found in the laundry room.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mindi said...

what a great idea to do a nighttime easter egg hunt--i think i just might have to do that next year--thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea to do the night egg hunt. I'm also going to have to copy you on that one! As the kids get older you have to add a few more elements to make it fun and exciting!!

Misty said...

Your Easter Egg Hunt with the neighborhood has grown so much. It looks like the boys got great stuff. That's funny, the Easter Bunny hid the baskets in the laundry room at our house too - I guess it's a favorite!

Mindi said...

btw--i forgot to ask you--just what does the saratoga family mean? is saratoga where you live?

Mindi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly H. said...

Yep Mindi... it's where we live. I figured I shouldn't use my last name for my blog name. You know, just in case of creepy people. :)