Sunday, March 23, 2008

5 CD's on a deserted island...

Ok, so this cute girl, Mindi (that I really don't know) has the best blog ever! She is so funny and so creative, I can't quit looking to see what she posts next. Misty actually found her, so I can't take the credit. Anyway, she's asking everyone (probably not me, but too bad) to post the 5 CD's they would want to have most if they were deserted on an island. I got to thinking about it and this one was HARD! I like so many different kinds of music that it was impossible to narrow it down to 5. This is what I came up with:

Lifehouse - Who We Are
This is my favorite band right now. I am obsessed with his voice! I wanted to go to the concert in Salt Lake a couple weeks ago and couldn't get tickets! I'm still a little PO'd about it. Their music is chillin, sexy, and just plain good.

Breaking Benjamin - Phobia

I couldn't live without the hard stuff, and these guys are the best at it in my opinion. My favorite song on the CD is Breath, but the whole thing is good and that doesn't happen very often with this kind of music.

Erasure - The Innocents

Loved it in the 8th grade and still love it today.

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales

Reminds me of sitting around a campfire at Lake Powell. Probably would work on a deserted island too. We're talkin' good stuff here people.


Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
I'm breaking the rules with this one because it's a greatest hits thingy, but too bad. I have to have it!
I have to give a shout out to some others that I love or it just wouldn't feel right :)
Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, 38 Special, The Cars, Journey, Ben Harper, Eric Hutchinson, Maroon 5, Emerson Hart, One Republic, Paulo Nutini, Akon and good ole' Gwen Stefani (for my girls...).
Now if you read this, play along!!! You know you want to.

9 comments:

Mindi said...

hey!! you did it!!! my one friend called me up and was giving me a hard time cuz she said she sat there and burned 2 hours trying to figure it out--i La-Ls-LOVE erasure, and they were a contender.
have also heard nothing but good about jack johnson. i think i will download him on itunes.
thanks for the shoutout! (obviously i am stalking you, too... ;))

Anonymous said...

I totally don't know all the fuss about Madonna, but then again, I was still in elementary school when she was at her peak. I actually was surprised about Phobia, but I remember how much you used to play erasure and Jack Johnson and Lifehouse are definitely awesome. It' crazy to see what people pick and what you think they will pick. I totally thought you would have Kalai and at least a Country CD, but I was way off!

Holly H. said...

I know Misty... I agree with everything you said (except the Madonna thing). I based my decision on CD's that I actually like ALL the songs, you know the one's that you can just push play and you're good to go for the next half hour. Also, I figured I would want a lot of different music. Oh, and about the country CD, I forgot to say Keith Urban in my honorable mentions + Kalai (why didn't I remember him?)... Thanks for reminding me.

Holly H. said...

oh and about Breaking Benjamin... don't knock it till you try it! They are soooo good!

Anonymous said...

Guess what -- Rick and I are going to the Jack Johnson concert!

Holly H. said...

We got tickets too Margo!! Maybe we need to go together. :) I love him so much!

jenn said...

what a fun post idea...I just may try it!

Nothing like good music. I find that all my favorites are linked to a specific memory...I guess my memories have soundtracks.

Thanks for the reccomendations, I'll have to try some of these out.

Anonymous said...

I went to a lifehouse concert in college, we were soaking wet when we left the arena, it was awesome!

I did this too on my blog. Thanks for the idea

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly its Linds - Misty's friend. I love this post. I copied, hope you don't care. Your family is so stinkin' cute. C-ya
I LOVE Erasure too.